A thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped organ located right below the Adam’s apple. It has various roles such as producing thyroid hormones that regulate body metabolism. Thyroxine (T4) is the main hormone produced by thyroid glands while T3 is the most active hormone. Further, the thyroid glands work collaboratively with the pituitary glands such that when the thyroid hormone levels are low, the brain signals the hypothalamus to release thyrotropin releasing hormone that in turn signals the pituitary glands to release thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH). This chemical stimulates the thyroid glands to release more T4 when its levels are low. It is clear that thyroid glands are significant in ensuring that the metabolic process run normally.
Most thyroid problems occur due to an over production (hyperthyroidism) or under production (hypothyroidism) of the thyroid hormone. Moreover, thyroid problems can range from simple goiters that pose no harm to the health of an individual to malignant cancer that can lead to death. Thyroid conditions resulting from hyperthyroidism can occur in various ways as mentioned below:
- Grave’s Disease - This results from the production of thyroid hormone.
- Subacute Thyroiditis - Caused by an inflammation that causes the thyroid to leak hence causing temporary hyperthyroidism. It typically lasts weeks but can extend for months.
- Pituitary Gland Malfunctions - It leads to hyperthyroidism that in turn leads to the various diseases associated with hyperthyroidism.
- Toxic Adenomas - This is the development of nodules in the thyroid glands. These nodules secrete thyroid hormone that affects the hormone balance in the body. It usually results to goiter.
In regard to hypothyroidism, it is results from several causes:
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis - This is where the body attacks the thyroid tissues which makes them to stop producing thyroid hormone.
- Lithium - This drug has been associated with hypothyroidism.
- Removal of Thyroid Glands - It can be removed surgically or destroyed by chemicals.
- Exposure to high amounts of iodide - Excess iodide can be found in cold and sinus medicines, contrast dyes used during X-rays, and amiodarone which are medicine for heart.
Clearly, both hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism can have fatal effects on an individual if not treated early enough. For instance, hypothyroidism can cause cretinism (mental retardation) in children. Affected children tend to sleep for longer than usual and are also not active. Cancer of the thyroid can also occur especially to people who have gone through radiation in their early lives.
Symptoms of Hypothyroidism
In children, hypothyroidism is characterized by poor feeding, constipation, excessive sleeping, poor growth, delayed tooth development, and delayed sexual development.
In adults, this condition is characterized by poor tolerance to cold temperatures, constipation, fatigue, carpal tunnel syndrome (numbness of hands and pain at the wrist). In later stages, one can show poor appetite, puffiness around the eyes, fry skin, worsening of intellectual capabilities, hair loss, and depression.
Symptoms of Hyperthyroidism
Children can show signs through behavior problems, anxiety, poor performance in academics, and hyperkinesis or hyperactivity. In adults, hyperthyroidism can cause hand tremors, nervousness, fever, bowel movements, excessive sweating, enlarged eyes, joint pains, affected menstruation in women.
Diagnosing Thyroid Problems
Several methods are used to diagnose thyroid issues:
- Blood tests can be carried out to determine the levels of TSH. When the levels of TSH are low, there will be an excess of thyroid hormone in the blood and vice versa. Tests can also be carried out to determine the levels of triiodothyronine (T3) and antithyroid antibody. The latter will be present in Grave’s and Hashimoto’s disease.
Thyroid Ultra Sounds
- Thyroid ultra sounds test helps to check for the number as well as the type of nodules present in the thyroid glands. It also helps check for the presence of enlarged parathyroid glands near the thyroid glands
Nuclear Thyroid Scan
- Nuclear thyroid scan test involves the use of iodine to assess the absorption rate of the iodine by the thyroid glands. Increased absorption of the iodine translates to hyperthyroidism while a decreased absorption indicates the presence hypothyroidism. This test is not appropriate for pregnant women.
Fine Needle Aspiration
- Fine needle aspiration involves taking a sample of the thyroid tissue using a needle to check for the presence of cancer cells.
- Typically, it this test is used to check whether there is a displacement of the trachea or any indications of goiter. This particular test is not common and doctors do not use it quite often although it can be helpful in situations where the other methods are not applicable,
Treatment and Medication for Hyperthyroidism
Several medications are available for treating this condition:
- This medication works by blocking most of the activities that lead to hyperthyroidism but does not treat the underlying cause of the problem. Usually, it works by reducing tremor, nervousness, the beating rate of the heart.
- This an antithyroid drug that works more or less like beta-blockers; it blocks thyroid hormone synthesis. It is the commonest drug for hyperthyroidism but not recommended for pregnant women.
- It also works by blocking the synthesis of thyroid hormone. It reacts slowly as full effects are achieved after several weeks after intake. Additionally, it is associated with side effects such as the development of itchy rashes. In extreme cases, it leads to a reduction of white blood cells.
- This medication functions by inhibiting the release of excess thyroid from the dysfunctional thyroid gland. It is used together with an antithyroid drug to prevent the iodine from increasing the amount of thyroid and accordingly worsen the condition. Notable side effects include nausea and the presence of a metallic taste after the ingestion of the medicine.
Radioactive Iodine Therapy
- This treatment involves scarring the affected thyroid gland, a process that can take several months to fully realize the desired effects. Often, this process leads to hypothyroidism.
Treatment for Hyperthyroidism
The common medications for hypothyroidism are:
- Although not a preferred medication, it has been used to treat low levels of thyroid hormone. It also tends to increase the level of triiodothyronine concentration, and for this reason, it is used together with other medications such as L-thyroxine. Moreover, it adversely affects elderly people and people with cardiac diseases.
- This medication acts as a replacement of the thyroid hormone as it is usually converted to L-triiodothyronine. It does not have any harmful side effects, and serves as quite effective for treating hypothyroidism.
Thyroid Extract/Thyroid Hormone
- This is a dried and powered pig thyroid gland. Although it is not recommended, it can be used as a hormone replacement since it has T3.
Supplements for Thyroid Disease
Doctors do not recommend one to take supplements to treat thyroid conditions as they can exacerbate the situation. For instance, taking supplements with high content of iodine can increase the level of thyroid hormone in patients with goiter. It can also lower the level of thyroid hormone for people with history of Grave’s or Hashimoto diseases.
Further, doctors do not have full proof that the supplements help in the recovery from thyroid diseases. However, dietary supplements are recommendable as they do not pose any harm to the patient.
Side Effects for Medications
Just like most other types of medicines, the medications mentioned above have adverse side effects to the patients.
First, they are quite expensive and this makes it hard for the average person to get quality medical care. Also, they are known to cause harmful effects to the patients; most of them are associated with nausea, vomiting, and failure to achieve the intended purposes.
For instance, Propylthiouracil causes itchy rashes on the patients, not to mention it can lead to a reduction of white blood cells. Radioactive iodine therapy takes a lot of time to take effect on the patient, and this can pose significant harm to his/her life. Also, some have been associated with bad tastes in the mouth.
This proves that these medications, as much as people depend on them, they are not quite as effective as they ought to be. This is more the reason to seek a better solution to treat thyroid diseases.
Why Zeolite Powder is the Treatment for both Hyperthroidism and Hypothyroidism?
More often, thyroid problems pose significant health risks to the victims, and it is therefore imperative to take the necessary measures to ensure that such issues are taken care of before they affect the functionality of the body. Although there are different methods to treat thyroid issues as noted above, zeolite has been proven to be among the most effective for treating these conditions.
Zeolite contains natural Clinoptilolite which is the healing agent in the powder. Also, zeolite removes supplemental lithium and chemotherapy agents from the body and as noted before, they are significant causes of thyroid problems. Another plus for zeolite is that it does not have any harmful side effects and you are bound to continue with your daily routine after taking it, compared to other medications that may require you to take long rests. Zeolite can also be consumed with a favorite drink or food, and this is made easier because it does not have any smell or taste. Thus, you are sure to enjoy your meal while you take your medicines.
SomaVital Zeolite Powder
The Best Zeolite Powder Available.
SomaVital is a form of zeolite powder that functions to eliminate numerous diseases including thyroid diseases. This type of zeolite is quite a favorite more so due to its ability to dissolve in foods and drinks, and thus making you enjoy your meals and take your medication simultaneously.
Further, SomaVital does not have any taste as compared to some drugs mentioned above that leave you with a metallic taste in your mouth. Also, this form of zeolite is a hundred percent natural; no chemicals or additives and this gives you the guarantee that you won’t experience any side effects that are often caused by the chemical elements in medicines.
Another advantage of using Somavital to treat your thyroid issues is its effectiveness. Within a few minutes of ingesting it, you begin experiencing its effects and this notifies you that the drug has started to function. Therefore, do not stress yourself taking medication that does not suit your preferences, use SomaVital Zeolite Powder for assured effectiveness.
SomaVital Zeolite Powder
The Best Zeolite Powder Available.
Numerous types of medication has been used to treat thyroid problems, and as noted, most of them are associated with adverse side effects, some of which can even lead to death. Also, these medications prove to be expensive for the common person, and this tends to deny him or her the right to instant medication.
Having a more affordable, efficient and convenient option is the desire of every person affected by thyroid issues. This is where zeolite powder comes in. This powder, all in its natural form is way more effective than most (if not all) the medication suggested above. First, it is quite affordable and available in most online markets. Second, zeolite does not have any chemicals that end up affecting the normal functioning of your body as compared to the medication offered in chemists. Third, zeolite is not associated with any severe side effects, and this makes it the ideal medication as it will allow you to go about your daily activities. Among other reasons, zeolite is the best option when it comes to treating thyroid problems.
FAQs about Zeolite Powder and Hyperthyroidism/Hypothyroidism
What causes thyroid problems, and how do these problems affect the victim?
Thyroid problems are caused by an excess release of the thyroid hormone or an under release of the hormone. If the former happens, one has a condition called hyperthyroidism, and if the latter, the condition is called hypothyroidism. Thyroid problems are associated with several complications such as mental illnesses, joint pains, fever, and altered menstruation in women among other issues.
What are the common treatment methods?
Usually, thyroid problems are treated using medications such as Thyroid extract/thyroid hormone, Beta-blockers, Propylthiouraci, Radioactive iodine therapy, and other types of medication. Although quite common, these methods have been associated with several side effects such as nausea and low count of blood cells. Also, most of them have proved not to be as effective as they are presumed to be.
How does zeolite stand out from the other medications in regard to its ability to cure thyroid problems?
Zeolite has proved to be far much better than most of the medication mentioned above. This is more so due to its efficacy in curing the mentioned problem. Also, zeolite is quite affordable and therefore everybody who is suffering from some form of thyroid issue can afford to acquire it. Further, it does not have side effects compared to the regular medication offered in chemists and hospitals. It is also a natural product and the fact that it does not contain any additive is a guarantee that it poses no harm to the person taking it.